INTRODUCTION OF FMSDAB
For five years, all proceeds from this event have benefited our self-funded middle school sports in the Fort Mill School District four schools (FMMS, SMS, GHMS, BTMS). Middle school sports were required a minimum of $60,000 to operate each year. Starting with the 2015 school year, middle school sports were added back in the school district’s budget. With that change in funding, Dancing with the Starts-Fort Mill (DWTS-FM) shifted proceeds to include donations to the high school programs as well. Going forward, high school athletic boosters will receive 50% of the profits and middle school athletic boosters will receive 50% of the profits. Proceeds will be divided in equal portions to pay for many needs, including equipment and scholarships.
The 2015 event distributed $85,000. Our goal in 2016 is to break $100,000!
Dancing with the Stars – Fort Mill is sponsored by the Fort Mill School District Athletic Board, which is a 501c3 non-profit organization (27-2996749).
FMSDAB DANCING with the Stars Fundraising Event
We are excited about our 5th annual Dancing with the Stars on February 13th, 2016 at The Pointe (former Bobcat Training Center) at 6:00 p.m.
The event includes:
- 6 local celebrities with professional dance instructors train and perform.
- Each dancer performs 2 dances, one standard ballroom and one freestyle, max 2 1/2 minutes for each dance.
- There will be a Dancing Champion based on judges scores and an Overall Champion based on fundraising votes (donatiions and ticket sales), crowed appeal and danicng points.
- You can vote online by making a donation for a dancer prior to the event.
- You can purchase tickets for the event online. VIP tickets are $100 each and include cocktail hour, dinner, dessert and reserved seating for the show. Show only tickets are $50.00.
- So to sum it up, event fundraising comes from program ad sales, ticket sales, donations from online and onsite dancer voting.
How Dancers Will Be Judged
The Dance Competition
- Each dance is worth 10 points from each judge or 30 maximum points
- Dancers can earn up to 10 points for each dance for a combination of — entertainment, technique, costume, time and chemistry of the couple and level of choreography
- Total maximum points for dance = 60 points
- For a tie – Crowd Favorite, based on audience applause, will determine Dance Champion winner
- Online fundraising voting for each dancer will be used to determining the Champion.
- Overall Champion will be based on fundraising efforts, dance scores and crowd appeal.